»

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Favorite Songs - A Play List

I have received several emails over the past few months with the a subject similar to "Getting to Know You"....meaning they want me to know them better and/or they want to know me better. I would love to respond to these emails, but I never seem to have time. I simply run out of time each day. Combine that with the fact I've always wanted music on my blog, I decided to take time to figure out how to add a playlist. I am completing 2 task in 1. My Playlist, now added, contains 5 of my favorite songs. Of course I have many, many more, but these are 5 I could think of. I'm sure I'll adjust it over time.

Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher - this song reminds me of Jesus, my husband and my children. They give me a natural high and I can't help but dance like a fool when I listen to this, which of course had my girls in total giggly stitches today.

There She Stands - Wow! What can you say about a song written about OUR Flag. This one brings tears to my eyes.

The Prayer - Just beautiful. It's not even so much the words but the voices. The way they sing remind me of my God, the giver of all things - including beautiful voices.

All I Ask of You - Phantom of the Opera - Not much gets better than flying to NY on Valentines Day with the one you love and seeing a Broadway Show, Phantom, my favorite. What a sweet, sweet memory.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - just about any version I love, but this is one of my favorites. This spoke volumes to me as I boarded the plane from Tampa to China, to adopt our first child....she was out there, Somewhere Over the Rainbow.