»

Sunday, July 6, 2008

All my babies grow up

WHY? Every mother must ask this question, I suppose, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier. I wonder: Why do they have to keep growing? Why do I have to face the fact that one day they will leave? Why don't I do more directly with them now, while they are still here in my arms? Why do I mourn the loss of times gone by and still look forward to the future?

On July 4, 2007 our world changed. My own mother, turned....oh, I'm not supposed to say that. But let's just say she turned too old to adopt from China. On July 5, 2007 she and her husband received Travel Approval to....you got it...adopt from China. Wow! How God can move mountains. And, more surprise, she was leaving in DAYS, not weeks. Her new son was turning 14 and had to be adopted before that happened. Then on July 6, 2007 our own son was born, in Guatemala. We didn't know it then, but that weekend we were welcoming 2 boys into our life: my new brother and my new son. We found out about Aaron weeks later, when we received his referral. We first held him when he was 14 weeks old and now here he is 1 years old today. Aaron, you rocked my world. You stole my heart in a wild way and still I cry when I hold you. You are my miracle, the son I never thought I'd have. I still thank Jesus for you and I thank Dale for opening his heart for God's plan of you.

And, even in the sadness that babies grow up, still we celebrate. Celebrate what they mean to us, celebrate the moments we shared over the past year. Here are a few of photos from our celebration. I love you Aaron....more than I can ever express, more than my heart can hold.

We cooked out and swam with friends, then we had cake and presents. Aaron's favorite present, he's eating it below and it's not cake.






I honestly don't know why I don't have a picture of Aaron eating his birthday cake. I'll have to view all the small video clips and check my mom's camera. But he liked it. But, as you can see, he loved his Frisby most.

No comments: