»

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Kya


She's 5!!!!! It's been so much fun to watch her grow. It's been like a little divot in time....moments you can't get back, the sound of the voice changes, the size of the hands and feet are never that small again, the conversations get more sophisticated and each moment is a small piece of time, a piece of history, you can't retrieve. It's my hope that somehow I can sit down with my journals and a photo album one day and be able to mentally transport myself back to this time, when they are all so small and be able to relive it for just a moment.

At this time in her life, Kya is into Hannah Montana. "Life's what you make it, so let's make it rock." That is what we hear around our house all day long and that seems to be the philosophy that Kya is living by right now too. She's always singing, dancing, skating, swimming, creating art and chasing her baby brother and baby sister around the house. She's full of life, full of joy. This year she chose to celebrate her birthday at Chuck E Cheese...a place I dreaded going but ended up, surprisingly, having loads of fun. I love how my children teach me to be a kid again!







No comments: