»

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mocha Shakes


I LOVE Mocha Shakes, Fraps, etc. I LOVE them! I mean I LOVE them! Did I say that I love them? Okay, you get the point. BUT, I cannot keep going to Starbucks, sorry Starbucks. Every once in a while I will try a new recipe at home. We just tried one today and I thought this one was good enough to post on the blog and share with everyone.

Now this is not thick like a milk shake, even though it has ice cream. It's more like a very thick drink and we served it over ice.

A few tips:
Tip #1: I thought with the whole milk, that I could really taste the whole milk, which is not my favorite flavor. So I think you could probably make this with a skim and still get a fantastic flavor.
Tip #2: I read on the website that someone recommended ADDING 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream (not instead of anything else, but in addition to) and it made it thicker like a shake. So you could probably do that with vanilla or chocolate.

So here is the recipe from RecipeZaar.
1 cup strong coffee, chilled (frozen or room temp is also okay)
1 cup of milk
3 TBSP of sugar (I used 1 packet of Splenda)
1 dash of salt
3 cups vanilla ice cream
3 TBSP chocolate syrup (I only had hot fudge and that was good)

First: Blend the coffee, milk, sugar and salt
Second: Add ice cream and syrup, blend until smooth

Serves 3, the recipe on the website will automatically change the portions for you, for different serving sizes.

ENJOY!!!

No comments: