»

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, here we are

You have to understand that my heart is not yet at home. And my time here in Maryland might be short lived or long term. That is all up to God. And I have certainly learned to boast in God alone, but any amount of boasting, my heart is just not ready for. I am enduring. However, many of you have asked to see photos of our new home and so for you, I made a few journey's around the house with a camera. It is nice here. It's very pretty in Maryland, if only I'd let myself enjoy it. I typed up a post titled "I Shall Not Want" and at the end of that post, I said the Lord was stripping me of much and he did! He stripped me of everything but the 5 people I love the most. I don't know if I quite expected this. I thought I'd still be in Florida just a smaller dingy house and I was fine with that. I didn't know he'd move me 1000 miles away to a beautiful area of the country. I would rather be in an apartment in Florida right now eating Taco Bell. But here I am and if only, I could come out of my denial, my pain, my self-indulgent pity party, I could love it here. Just look...you will see there is so much beauty to love. God created it all. He's the master artist.

Sunday after Church we stayed in town, ran our errands and then came home. While Dale worked on putting our patio furniture together, the kids and I did a very brief hike in our "back 40". Most of it, I believe is owned by the county or state. But there is so much back yard, over 40 acres.

Here is the back of our house here in Maryland.


The kids and I were out back with the dog and just about to go down a small trail to the creek area.


This is the woods leading up to the creek, that we continue to see deer, fox and beavers come out of.


This is the main trail down the hill, by the creek. It must be owned by the city or state as it has gas lines there (that is the small yellow post.)


That night, after much begging from Autumn, Dale did get our first fire going.



Monday we unpacked and napped. And on Tuesday, I had to get some fresh 40 degree air. Kya and I took a short walk in the front yard to gather these pictures for you.

This is our front yard and the woods across the street.


If you look one direction down the street you will see this set of neighbors. This is towards the front of our community here.


Look the other way down our street and there are more woods and the road leading to the back of our neighborhood.


At the bottom of our hill, looking up our driveway, this is our home.


And here is a close up of the house.


Now if only the inside were so beautiful. It's in shambles and even when we get settled, I'm not quite sure how this place will look. Our furniture is quite the misfit for this home but maybe after this coming weekend when Dale is here to help hang pictures and wall decorations it will look more homey on the inside too.

I am hanging on to this verse and asking the Lord to give me a peaceful, thankful heart.
Colossians 3:15 - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

No comments: