»

Friday, March 20, 2009

Dedicated to My Love

When you have to face a storm, go through the dessert or the wildnerness, who on earth would you want to be with?

The last 8 1/2 months of our life has been quite the wilderness period. We only had income for 8 weeks of that 8 1/2 months. It could easily have been the setting for tension, arguments, ignoring one another, resentment and the list could go on. But, in my storm, in our wilderness period, I got to dance all the way through it. I have the most amazing husband and I am honored to be his wife. He put forth every effort to find work and to remain dependant on the Lord and to honor our family. He held me when I was scared and made me laugh when there was nothing to laugh about. The memories are of over 2000 world-wide applications, a van load of Yellow Pages to try and earn a buck, almost having to clean U-Haul trucks, by God's grace every bill paid, 3 meals a day as a family around our table and prayer preceeded each of those meals, many afternoon talks, the quite mornings before the kids woke ....We spent 8 months of every day together, every waking hour and we had lots of mid-day hugs, on the spot kisses and even a few little slow dances on the kitchen floor. Dale, you knock my socks off. You are the most amazing man I know. I love you more than I did 8 months ago. Nobody ever wants to really go through a wilderness period. But, I can tell you, that when I reflect back on this one, I will not ever look at it as a wilderness period. It will forever be the very best 8 months of my life. Thank you my love for being by my side and for the dance.


~ The song on my blog is for you!

No comments: